Abstraction and Confirmation

Okay, so this is probably not of any interest other than a good bit of muttering nothing and a spot of fun.

here it goes....

Abstraction, [ab*strac*tion]; n. a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance.
ORIGIN: abstract, latin abstractus, "drawn away"

Confirmation, [con*fir*ma*tion]; n. additional proof that something was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct.
ORIGIN: latin con- (with) + firmo, "to firm or strengthen"

What's the difference between the two ideas? Now, I've had some downtime so don't hate; but, occasionally I do like to ramble, as I'm sure your all aware. These ramblings extend beyond my normal oral rhetoric and into something more akin to a, "thought experiment."

So I ask again, "what is the difference?"

I believe it to be one leads to another (abstraction to confirmation), but this cannot happen without the second being there (confirmation to abstraction). To me it lays in a sort of duality. You need one to get the other.

For example, should I dream up a creative idea, I need it to be supported by previous creative ideas. This is true to the point of not be over encumbering of its self. In the end, what am I talking about?

We need to be creative, but at some point we have to prove our ideas.

Its circular in nature.

Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eibach Springs Being made